The Cache County Building Inspection times are AM and PM only.
How to schedule during the AM/ PM timeslots:
- When calling please be prepared to give the Permit Tech the address or permit number and let them know what day you will be ready.
- AM inspection you must be ready by 7:00 am. Inspector will arrive between 7:30 am - 12:00 pm. (Beginning July 19, 2021, until further notice)
- PM inspection you must be ready by 1:00 pm. Inspector will arrive between 1:30 – 3:00 pm. If you know you will not be ready, you will need to schedule for the following day.
- Concrete inspections require flexibility; when scheduling inspections, let us know when the concrete truck is scheduled and we will make a note. The inspectors will do their best to inspect prior to the truck's arrival. That being said the inspections will still be AM or PM and not a specific time.
Please be aware that when the inspectors arrive at the job site and you are not ready, you may be assessed a $50 re-inspection fee that must be paid prior to scheduling the next inspection. We will allow (1) 4-way in the morning and (1) 4-way in the afternoon as they take 1.5 – 2.5 hours to inspect depending on the square footage. Most other inspections will range from 30 minutes to an hour. We will allow flexibility for power inspections that required coordination with Rocky Mountain Power. Please understand that changes needed to be made to help out the inspectors as they do inspections throughout the day.
The health and safety of our employees and the citizens of the County is our utmost priority. Guidelines for County building inspection have been updated as follows and until further notice:
- New Homes – Contractor only present. Subs must have work completed and be off the job site.
- Remodels/Additions – Contractor or owner only present. Picture and video submission will only be allowed on a case-by-case basis handled by an approved request to, or from, the building department.
- Basement Finishes – Physical inspections are only done if there is an outside entrance. Picture and video submission will only be allowed on a case-by-case basis handled by an approved request to, or from, the building department.
- Commercial Tenant Finishes – Contractor present and proper social spacing must be observed.
- New Commercial – Contractor present and proper social spacing must be observed.
- Furnace and Water Heater Inspections – Inspections may be delayed and permits extended if needed. Picture and video submission will only be allowed on a case-by-case basis handled by an approved request to, or from, the building department.
- It is the right of the building inspector to deny an inspection if they feel they are at risk.
- Contact list of ALL workers on job site shall be maintained by contractor and or owner.
Building in Cache County
The Cache County Building Department protects the health, safety, and general welfare of the public by enforcing compliance with current building codes. The Building Department reviews plans, issues permits, and performs building inspections.
Cache County issues permits for the following areas and municipalities in Cache County: Amalga, Avon, Benson, Cornish, Cove, Hyrum, Millville, Paradise, Petersboro, Providence, Richmond, River Heights, Smithfield, Trenton, Wellsville, and all unincorporated county areas.
This office does not issue permits for property in the following cities: Clarkston, Hyde Park, Lewiston, Mendon, Newton, Nibley, North Logan, and Logan City. These incorporated areas issue their own building permits. Contact the appropriate city office for any building inside these cities' limits.
179 North Main St. Suite 305
Phone: (435) 755-1650 press 1
Logan UT, 84321
We are open Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Please note that permit pickup and payment services end at 4:45 pm. We are closed on weekends and holidays, including Columbus Day, Veteran's Day, and Pioneer Day.
Chief Building Official
Deputy Chief Building Official