Services of the CJC
- The center is designed to make children feel comfortable and safe when they are meeting with investigators and team members about allegations of abuse.
Multi-disciplinary Team Investigation
- Professionals from several different agencies collaborate on each child’s case. This team approach increases coordination among child protection and criminal justice agencies, allowing them to track a child’s progress through the investigation, judicial process, and treatment.
- Specially trained professionals talk to children about the alleged abuse they have experienced. The goal is to minimize trauma to the child by reducing the number of times a child must talk about his or her experiences.
- The center has on-site examination rooms or a local medical professional to collect evidence and safeguard children’s health.
- The center provides abused children and their families with referrals for support services, such as therapy, medical care, and victim resources.
- Multi-disciplinary teams receive ongoing training to ensure that children receive the most professional care possible.