Paying Property Taxes
Payments may be made by mail, on-line, by phone or in person.
Payments accepted by check, cash, e-check, debit card ($3.95 fee for any amount), or credit card (2.45% of payment amount fee with a minimum of $1.95).
E-Check is a secure, electronic transfer from your bank account WITHOUT a fee. Your routing and checking account numbers are needed.
Debit Card fee - $3.95 for any amount paid.
Credit Card fee - 2.45% of payment amount with a minimum of $1.95
E-check is Free
Taxes are different than other purchases - those who use credit or debit, pay the processing fee.
It is important that funds are available before processing a payment.
All fees are the same for payments made online, by phone, or in person. Payments made after November 30th will have penalty as shown on the back of your tax notice and per state statute 59-2-1331.
What if I don't know my Parcel Number?
Enter your address into the search bars on the Cache County Core website.
Taxes Become Delinquent After November 30 Each Year
Payments received after NOVEMBER 30 are subject to a per parcel penalty of 2.5% or $10, whichever is greater. If delinquent taxes and the penalty are paid on or before January 31 the penalty will be reduced to the greater of 1% or $10. Interest will be charged starting from January 1 for all delinquent amounts at the rate defined by Utah State Statute 59-2-1331 (2018 rate is 8.00%. This interest is 600 basis points [6%] above the Federal Discount Rate on January 1st following the delinquency date).
In the information box on your tax notice, there may be a sentence indicating that your property tax notice has been sent to your mortgage company. If this is the case, it is your responsibility to verify with your mortgage company that these property taxes have been paid. Example
There may also be different information in the same section indicating that prior year taxes remain unpaid for this parcel. Please call or visit our office to make payment arrangements. Example
To register to receive prepayment coupons for next year's taxes, use the Prepayment Registration form.
- Please click the Pay Taxes Online button below to go to Forte Payment Systems and make a payment. (You may need to acknowledge that tax rates are not yet finalized.)
- Once on the Forte page, use the button on the right to start the process.
- Enter your nine-digit Parcel Number (without hyphens, e.g. 123456789) in the Search box excluding dashes. This number is on your tax notice (see image).
- Click the button. If a valid parcel number is entered, the parcel information will show in the main window. Holding the mouse arrow over the parcel line will show additional details such as proposed taxes or delinquent amounts.
- Verify that your parcel information is correct, and click the button. If your information is wrong, click the button to search again.
- After clicking the button, you'll be prompted to define how much you would like to pay for this parcel at this time. DO NOT PAY OVER THE TOTAL DUE.
- Click again, and the amount you've defined will be associated with this parcel in the main window.
- After verifying that you've added all your parcels and everything looks correct in the main window, click the button.
- The next screen displays your cart contents. Click the button if everything still looks correct.
- You can pay your taxes via credit card or electronic check. Fill out the required information and click the button to pay your taxes.
- You can prepay future taxes via this website. Be aware that final tax rates are not set until mid-October. Amounts shown until then are proposed only and may change.
Using Forte for online payments comes with an associated cost. Rather than raising taxes to pay for credit card processing fees, Cache County has decided the fee will be paid by the taxpayer choosing to utilize this convenience.
- Electronic checks are free.
- Credit card payments will have a 2.45% fee (minimum fee of $1.95) that will appear as a separate transaction on your credit card statement.
- VISA debit card payments will have a $3.95 fee.
Online Payment Link
Cache County accepts delinquent and proposed taxes via online payment. Rollback, garbage, and unattached taxes are not shown online.